Pumpkin Spice Bread with Maple Cheesecake Layer – I have made Pumpkin Bread for years…..and always smeared it with cream cheese, and the thought of flavored cream cheese baked into the bread hooked me.
Pumpkin Spice Bread with Maple Cheesecake Layer
I have made Pumpkin Bread for years.....and always smeared it with cream cheese, and the thought of flavored cream cheese baked into the bread hooked me.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 TBSP real maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
Maple Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (plain, not the already made pumpkin pie kind)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
Pumpkin Spice Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease and flour three mini loaf pans. (Or two medium pans) In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the maple cheesecake ingredients; beat until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
- Place pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl of an electric stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat for about 1 minute, until fully combined
- Add flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter evenly into the three prepared loaf pans. Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of pumpkin batter layer and then pour on the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pans and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature or cool.