Blueberry Cheesecake Waffles
- 2 cups white wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1¾ cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and picked
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron to medium low.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Add the vanilla, cottage cheese, butter and whisk to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Gradually add in milk while whisking.
- Lightly coat waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Fill iron just to inside edges. Be careful to not overfill. Add a few blueberries to each waffle.
- Gently close waffle iron and cook according to manufactures directions for lightly browned.
Recipe and Photo: Pick Fresh Foods / CC BY