Recipe: Peruvian Avocado Ceviche
- 2 halibut steaks (6 ounces)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 3/4 cup red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Torn fresh cilantro leaves
- Cut halibut in 1/2-inch cubes and place in a bowl with 3/4 cup lime juice, or enough to cover fish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until fish is opaque.
- Drain liquid, then stir in all remaining lime juice and ingredients. Serve immediately.