Orange Scented Steam Cake with Strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Soy Cream
- 1/3 cup Orange Vanilla Sugar
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 orange, 1/2 sliced in circles, half chopped
- 2 cups of hulled strawberries
- Arrange a large bamboo steamer or standard rice cooker steamer over simmering water.
- Line the steam basket with parchment paper.
- Macerate strawberries and chopped orange with 1 tbsp of the Orange Vanilla Sugar.
- Beat eggs, sugar and soy milk.
- Blend flour and baking soda, then combine with four mixture.
- Fold fruit in gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth out to edges.
- Rap the pan on the counter to get rid of large air bubbles.
- Arrange sliced oranges on top.
- Place the pan into the steamer. Cover the top of the steamer with a kitchen towel, and place the lid on top; the towel will absorb any steam that collects on top from dripping onto the cake.
- Steam for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY