Recipe: Mini-Meatball Fiesta Flats
- 4 Ortega Taco Shells, any variety
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 1.25-ounce package Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix or 40% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 10-ounce can Ortega Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 1-ounce package Ortega Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- 12 Ortega Fiesta Flats Taco Shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Place taco shells in food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form. (Or place in resealable plastic bag and crush.) Combine crumbs, pork and taco seasoning in mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into small meatballs, about 1/2 inch in diameter. Heat oil in large skillet and brown meatballs lightly, in batches if necessary, about 5 minutes per batch, turning frequently. Return meatballs to skillet and add enchilada sauce and water. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, mash avocados and stir in guacamole seasoning mix. Let rest in the refrigerator according to package instructions.
- To serve, spoon meatballs and sauce into Fiesta Flats. Top each with shredded lettuce and guacamole. If desired, also top with Ortega Taco Sauce and Diced Green Chiles.