Recipe: Chicken Taco Casserole
- 12 Ortega yellow corn or white corn taco shells
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1.25-ounce package Ortega 40% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 16 ounce jar Ortega Salsa, any variety
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Break taco shells into large chips. Combine taco chips, chicken, cheese, stock and taco seasoning in large mixing bowl.
- Spread mixture in 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Top with 1 1/2 cups sour cream; pour salsa over sour cream. Bake for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, stir lime juice into remaining sour cream. Remove casserole from oven, drizzle sour cream and lime mixture over top and serve at once.