- 1/2 pound extra lean beef, ground
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 8 tablespoons low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium avocado, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Pierce potatoes and microwave the potatoes on high from 15 – 20 minutes until fork tender.
- In a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook hamburger until no longer pink, then add salsa and heat through.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and squish apart. Gently smash the insides with a fork.
- Top each potato with 1/4 meat mixture, 1/4 tomatoes, 1/4 green onions, and 2 tablespoons cheese each. Microwave on high for 1 – 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Top each potato with avocado and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY