- 1 small pumpkin
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Pinch of pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of butter, or more to taste
- Clean the outside your pumpkin well. Chop off the stem.
- Cook the cleaned pumpkin in a 375 °F oven for approx 45 minutes per 250g. A small pumpkin of less than 500g works best.
- Remove pumpkin and allow to rest for 5–10 minutes.
- During this time, take out sea salt, butter, and your pepper mill.
- Chop pumpkin in half with cleaver, butcher knife, or kitchen hatchet.
- Remove seeds and guts; roast seeds and discard the rest.
- Separate the skin from the flesh.
- Place hot pumpkin flesh in a food processor, along with salt, pepper, and butter to taste.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA