Lettuce-Wrapped Chicken Piccata
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks
- Flour for dredging
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups fresh or panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup Mirassou Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- About 26 small pieces escarole leaves
- Dip chicken pieces in flour, then in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet; add chicken and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and add remaining butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine, broth and lemon juice, sugar and garlic to skillet; cook for about 5 minutes; remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Wrap chicken in escarole leaves and secure with toothpicks. Serve with lemon butter sauce from pan.