Layered Picnic Salads in a Jar
- 4 large jam jars
- chopped iceberg lettuce (or another crispy lettuce)
- 2 large tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 large red onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- pimento stuffed green olives (cut into rings, about 6 olives per jar)
- 13 oz. can of red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 10 oz. jar salsa (hot, medium or mild)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons sour cream (mixed with Cajun seasoning spices, amount of sour cream depends on size of jars)
- 2-3 oz. grated cheese
- tortilla chips (to serve)
- Add the ingredients to the jars in the order they are listed, leaving the tortilla chips off until you are ready to serve the salads.
- Place a lid on the salads and store in fridge overnight if necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping etc!
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of French Tart on flickr.com / CC BY-ND