Home-Style Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced potato
- 1 (8.5–ounce) can peas and carrots, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 (10 3/4–ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10–ounce) can Chunk Chicken, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (15–ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Add onion, potato, peas and carrots and celery; sauté 5 minutes.
- In bowl, combine soup, chicken, rosemary, sage and white pepper; stir into vegetables.
- Unfold 1 pie crust; fit into 9-inch pie plate. Fill with chicken mixture; cover with second pie crust. Trim crust if needed; press edge with fork. Brush top crust with egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water) to create glossy crust, if desired.
- Bake pie 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 25 minutes longer. Cover crust with aluminum foil to prevent browning. Bake 15 minutes more.
Recipe and Photo: Can Manufacturers Institute