Healthier Zucchini Apple Bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- 2/3 cup grated Granny Smith apple (peeled and cored prior to grating), about 1 1/2 small apples
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease (4) cavities of a mini loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the oil and eggs until well incorporated. Stir in the grated zucchini and apple until combined. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until incorporated, careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into each of the (4) cavities, making sure that there is the same amount of batter in each one. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the walnut pieces, if using. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the loaves from the pan and cool completely. Enjoy!
If using a standard loaf pan, bake the bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Image and recipe” reprinted with permission from www.flavorthemoments.com and www.healthyaperture.com