- 16 ounce bag frozen green beans, French cut
- 2 ounces slivered almonds, ½ cup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook beans according to package directions until tender-crisp; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sauté almonds in butter over medium-low heat until nuts start to change color.
- Watch closely and stir frequently.
- Remove from heat as soon as you see that the nuts are changing color.
- They will continue to brown off the heat.
- Stir almonds and butter into hot green beans; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA