Jump to recipe
Make-Ahead Egg Casserole: Assemble casserole as directed; cover. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, uncover and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups French bread cubes (3/4–inch pieces)
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; stir gently until evenly coated. Stir in sausage crumbles and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Pour into lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
- Spinach-Egg Casserole: Add 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze dry, to egg mixture before pouring into prepared baking dish.
Recipe and Photo: Jimmy Dean