Jump to recipe
Creamy Chorizo and Gruyere Scrambled Eggs
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 Tablespoons grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Creme Fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 link Chinese Chorizo pork sausage, diced (or Spanish Chorizo or any sausage that is your favourite)
- 1 Tablespoon beurre noisette/ brown butter (just melt a tablespoon of unsalted butter in a small pan and cook until brown, which takes 10-15 seconds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives (optional)
- Heat a small non-stick skillet, cook the diced sausage until brown (fry sausage in its own fat rendered into the skillet). Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add eggs, cheese, creme fraiche and mustard then season with fresh cracked black pepper (I don’t recommend seasoning this dish with salt since the sausage and cheese are already very flavourful). Beat all ingredients until well mixed.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, scramble eggs by stirring gently, 10 seconds into cooking the eggs add the cooked sausage bits and continue stirring until eggs cook to your desired consistency, 25-30 seconds for runny scrambled eggs, 35-45 seconds for an “in between” creamy eggs and 45- 60 seconds for well done knobbly scrambled eggs.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a plate. Drizzle over with brown butter (beurre noisette) and sprinkle chopped chives (optional).
Recipe and Photo: Goddess of Scrumptiousness / CC BY-ND