Cool Treats for a Sizzling Summer
(Family Features) As the weather begins to heat up, the best way to cool down is with a sweet treat! This summer, invite your whole family into the kitchen and get cooking with great new recipes guaranteed to liven up your summer spread.
Jif® is here to help you welcome the warmer weather with two easy dessert recipes fresh from the Jif Recipe test kitchen. Whether hosting a summer barbeque, neighborhood block party or spending special meal time together as a family, here are a few ways the creamy flavors of Jif Chocolate and Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spreads can sweeten your family’s memorable summer moments:
- A mouth-watering homemade pie is always a favorite for dessert. This summer, try something new and give your pie a unique hazelnut twist. Mocha Mousse Pie is a great way to wow everyone at the table and get your whole family involved in the kitchen. Prepare the hazelnut drizzle topping and let their culinary creativity go to work.
- For a refreshing and nostalgic treat, enjoy a good old fashioned ice cream cone during the searing summer months. Give your usual go-to flavor a break and try a scoop of Hazelnut Coconut Ice Cream – a tasty twist on the classic summer standby flavored with Hazelnut Spread and coconut.
Jif Chocolate and Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spreads are available where you buy groceries.
©/tm/® The J.M. Smucker Company
Hazelnut Coconut Ice Cream
- 2/3 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread (or Jif Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 2 cups half-and-half
- BEAT chocolate hazelnut spread and cream of coconut in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in half-and-half. Beat until well blended, about 1 minute.
- FREEZE in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- PLACE ice cream into freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Yield: 5 cups, 10 (1/2 cup) servings
Mocha Mousse Pie
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Jif® Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread, divided
- 1 (6 ounces) ready-made graham cracker pie crust
- BEAT heavy cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff and soft peaks form. Beat in vanilla. Reserve 3/4 cup for topping. Stir 3/4 cup hazelnut spread in medium bowl until smooth. Stir into remaining whipped cream until combined. Spoon evenly into graham cracker crust.
- SPREAD reserved whipped cream over center of pie to within 1-inch of edge. Place 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread into corner of small resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 10 seconds or until soft. Cut a small corner off of bag. Drizzle over top. Chill 2 hours.
Yield: 10 servings
Jif Peanut Butter