Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 2 cups spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ? cup coconut oil
- ½ cup natural unsweetened peanut butter (add and extra ¼ cup if you prefer a stronger peanut butter flavor)
- 1 cup mashed bananas, over ripe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan (I used Fat Daddio’s)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the honey, brown sugar, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the peanut butter and beat just until combined then add the mashed banana and beat to combine. Add the buttermilk and beat until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture, being careful not to over-stir. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let the bread sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from daringgourmet.com and www.healthyaperture.com