- 4 chicken breast, cut intro strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 5 oz (150g) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1/2 cup (400 ml) chicken stock
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) sour cream
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the chicken and fry until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the shallots to the pan, adding more olive oil or butter if needed, and heat gently until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes or so.
- Pour in the chicken stock and turn the heat up to high. Reduce the stock by half and then turn the heat down to a simmer. Add the chicken to the pan, along with the sour cream and stir through. Season and sprinkle paprika then simmer until the cream has thickened slightly.
- Serve, accompanied by pasta and garnish with some chopped parsley.
Thanks for sharing Sheri. Looks good!!
This looks just WONDERFUL! I plan to make this for dinner next week, but I have a question, what is a knob of butter? Thank you for sharing this recipe!
A knob of butter would be a dollop, or a pat. If you were wanting to measure it out I would just go with about a tablespoon.