Jump to recipe
Chewy Butterscotch-Oatmeal Bars
- 1 (12-ounce bag) butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all–purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped, toasted nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the butterscotch morsels and the butter in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring often until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the light brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla; stir until mixed. Stir in the flour, oats, nuts, and salt, mixing well. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe and Photo: Lorie’s Mississippi Kitchen / CC BY