Caramel Apple Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm caramel apple bread
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 cup apples, peeled and cut into small cubes (I used 1 Winesap and 1 Fuji apple)
- 1/2 cup Chateau Morrisette Sweet Mountain Apple Wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- maple syrup
Ingredients For Filling
Ingredients For Egg And Cream Coating
Ingredients For Maple Cognac Whipped Cream
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Chop pecans and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast for 8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Pour wine over apples and soak.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- If you have time let fruit soak for 30 minutes.
- Then drain well onto a cloth or paper towel to remove access liquid.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture and refrigerate while you prepare everything else.
- Whisk everything together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream on medium, then high until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining items and continue beating until you have beautiful fluffy homemade whipped topping. Be careful not to beat too long or it will turn into butter.
- Heat butter in a large skillet on medium.
- Lay out slices of bread.
- Distribute filling between 4 slices of the bread.
- Top each with remaining slice.
- Dip into egg batter and place into hot pan.
- Cook until lightly browned on each side, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cut into triangles or squares.
- Spoon whipped cream over each section. This cream is not super sweet. If you want even more decadence, drizzle with maple syrup or caramel.
Directions For Filling
Directions For Eggs and Cream
Directions For Whipped Cream
Putting It All Together
Before making the whipped cream, refrigerate a mixing bowl and beaters as this helps cream to come together faster and better
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY