Jump to recipe
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- a handful of fresh basil, rough chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- tomato, sliced
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 buns, toasted
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Add the ground chicken, fresh basil and garlic to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine the ingredients. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Drizzle a little olive oil in the pan to proven sticking.
- Cook the burgers about 5 minutes per side. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the patty. If you aren’t sure of the doneness by touch, simply cut a small slit in the center to check to be sure the meat is cooked through.
- Just a minute before the burgers are done, top each with a slice of fresh mozzarella, season again lightly with salt and pepper, place a lid on just to melt the cheese. Remove from the pan.
- Have your bun toasted. Drizzle the bottom of the bun with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Add the arugula on top of the bun, the chicken patty, then the sliced tomatoes.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY