Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Potato Skins
- 10 small baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3-4 green onions (both green and white parts), chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork, arrange on a baking sheet, brush all sides with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Bake until tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes lengthways in quarters. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh (leaving about 1/4-inch near the skin) into a bowl.
- Return potato skins to the baking sheet.
- Coarsely mash the potato flesh in the bowl and stir in the cheese, bacon, sour cream, salt and the pepper. Stuff each with the potato-cheese mixture and bake until golden-brown on top, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY