- 3oz butter
- 1 1/3oz icing sugar (or for taste)
- 4 2/3oz plain flour – sifted
- 1 tbsp corn flour – sifted
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (for dusting, keep aside)
- 1 tbsp plain flour (to dip fork over)
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and milk, beat till combined.
- Add shifted plain and cornflour.
- Beat on low speed or fold in until combined.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm to roll.
- Roll into tiny balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Dip fork in flour and press over the balls. (Note: you can flatten the balls as thin as you like)
- Bake at 320 F for about 20 minutes or till baked.
- While cookies are still warm, dust icing sugar on top.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY