Jump to recipe
Spaghetti with Carbonara Sauce
- 4 oz / 125g bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup / 125ml dry white wine
- ½ cup / 125ml chicken stock (or water)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup / 120ml sour cream
- ½ cup / 120ml milk
- 1 oz / 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 lb / 500g spaghetti
- Render bacon in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until it starts to brown.
- Remove excess fat from pan. Add olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock or water and white wine. Reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- In the meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to instructions. Drain.
- Add pasta to pan. Pour egg-and-cream mixture over the pasta. Add parsley.
- Keep tossing over low-medium heat until the sauce starts
Recipe and Photo: Steffen’s Dinners / CC BY-NC-ND