- Oreo Double Stuff Cookies (2 for each turkey)
- Candy Corn (9 for each turkey)
- Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (1 for each turkey)
- Whoppers Candy (1 for each turkey)
- Edible Eyeballs (or use vanilla frosting and a mini chocolate chip)
- Vanilla & Chocolate Icing
- Mini Graham Cracker Pie Shells (we used Keebler Ready-Crusts, available in the baking aisle)
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
Turkey Cookie Ingredients:
- Carefully slice the edge off of one of your double stuff oreos. Open oreo and generously spread extra vanilla icing inside. Add Candy Corn “feathers” and close the cookie.
- Spread icing on the cut side of your cookie and attach to the second oreo.
- At this point, I started using chocolate icing since it blended better, but you can still use vanilla if you want. Cut a small piece off the bottom of your reese’s cup and attach to cookie with icing. Add a Whopper for the head, two candy corns for the “wings”, eyeballs, and a candy corn “beak”. You can also tint some icing orange and add feet, but I didn’t to that (we will on Thanksgiving Day). This turkey is ready for his Sundae Nest!
- Gather the mini pie crust shells and your favorite ice creams, toppings, etc..Make a sundae and add whipped cream and sprinkles around the border.
Recipe and Photo: Gourmet Mom On The Go / CC BY (Be sure to visit Gourmet Mom On The Go to see step by step photos for this recipe!)