Recipe: Strawberry-Marshmallow Crisp Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 5 cups gluten-free miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups gluten-free strawberry ice cream, softened
- Line bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking parchment paper.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups marshmallows, butter and salt over low heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until melted. Stir in cereal until almost coated; stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows. Using greased rubber spatula, evenly scrape mixture into pan and spread evenly. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Turn pan upside down to remove cereal layer; discard parchment paper. Cut into 12 rectangles, 4 x 3 inches each. Working quickly, spread 1/2 cup ice cream onto 1 rectangle; top with another rectangle. Repeat to use up rectangles and ice cream. Freeze on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet at least 1 1/2 hours until firm. Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap and store in freezer.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Chex