- 1 lb. fresh kale (or any other cooking green)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Ginger Salt
- 2 tsp local honey or other sweetener
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Dash of black pepper/ground red pepper, or to taste
- Separate kale leaves from the stems.
- Chop stems and greens.
- Steam stems a couple of minutes, then add the greens and steam until just tender.
- Drain. Let kale cool enough to handle it.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in another bowl; add to greens.
- Mix, chill, and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY