- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted, unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Pick through seeds and remove any cut seeds. Remove as much of the stringy fibers as possible.
- Bring the water and salt to a boil.
- Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain, spread on kitchen towel or paper towel and pat dry.
- Place the seeds in a bowl and toss with oil or melted butter.
- Spread evenly on a large cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Place pan in a preheated oven and roast the seeds for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir about every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
- Cool the seeds, then shell and eat or pack in air-tight containers or zip closure bags and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA