Jump to recipe
Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam (make sure you use jam)
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
To Make Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, and flour. Add 1 teaspoon almond extract. Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Make indention in each cookie with thumb. Fill with 1 teaspoon jam. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes. Cool 1 minute, then remove to wire rack.
To Make Frosting:
- Combine powdered sugar, almond extract, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid until desired consistency is met. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Recipe and Photo: Whole Lotta Oven / CC BY