Raspberry and White Chocolate Whole-Wheat Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for the griddle
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1–teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–cup raspberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the milk, oil, honey, and vanilla. Mix gently into the flour mixture, and then fold in the raspberries and white chocolate chips.
- Preheat a griddle and brush lightly with oil
- Ladle the batter by ¼ cups onto the griddle and cook on both sides until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.skinnyluscious.com and www.healthyaperture.com