Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (I used soymilk)
- 6 Tbsp. melted butter
For the Filling:
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 to 1 cup powder sugar
- Preheat oven to degrees 425 F
- First, mix all of the dry ingredients for the dough. Then add the melted butter and milk. It will initially look like a wet mess. Continue to mix and knead for a couple minutes and it should be a little sticky, but not wet. If it seems too wet add flour.
- Once it is mixed and in a ball shape, roll it out into a 12?x9? rectangle. Be sure to flour the surface you are working on and whatever you are using as a rolling pin.
- Once it is rolled out, spread the 2 Tbsp melted butter over it. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over the dough and butter.
- Roll the rectangle up. Roll hotdog style.
- Now that it is rolled it needs to be cut. The recipe I used gave a great tip. Use dental floss to cut your pieces. Take a piece of floss and slide it under your roll. Find the size you would like (1-2 in) and pull the floss around the top of the roll and continue until it cuts your dough. Perfecto!
- Place rolls onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the glaze. Simply mix powder sugar and water until you reach your desired consistancy for the glaze. I like thicker glazes so I used less water. Drizzle the glaze on your rolls while they are hot.
- For the single person, drizzle the rolls with the glaze and allow to cool. Once they have cooled, place an individual roll in seran wrap and wrap. Place in the freezer and you have breakfast all week long. Just throw it in a microwave for 30-45 sec and it’ll be nice and warm.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY