- 1 lb / 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ in / 1.5cm cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (olive, canola) or clarified butter (butterfat)
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- Set heavy non-stick pan over high heat. Add oil or butter.
- Add potatoes and salt. Put on lid.
- Cook over high heat, turning the potato cubes occasionally, until they are golden brown and cooked all the way through. This should take ca. 10-15 minutes. Adjust heat if necessary.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to low.
- Keep warm until serving, serve as soon as possible.
For rosemary pan fried potatoes add a pinch of dried rosemary
Recipe and Photo: Steffen’s Dinners / CC BY-NC-ND