Jump to recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mangoes, small diced
- 2/3 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Sift together all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the diced fresh mangoes into the flour mixture and gently stir until mangoes are coated with flour.
- Mix together the dried mangoes and flaked almonds. Put half of it into the flour mixture and save half of it to top the muffins before baking.
- In another bowl, mix melted butter, egg, sour cream, evaporated milk, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly and briefly mix.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to fill each muffin cup with batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the dried mango-almond mixture over each unbaked muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or when cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
Photo and Recipe credit: Jeannie Maristela is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.