Jump to recipe
Malt Shoppe Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed chocolate-covered malted milk balls, divided
- Chocolate flavored syrup, maraschino cherry, garnishes
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides of crust with fork to prevent shrinking. Bake pie crust as directed in baked shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool completely.
- COMBINE brown sugar, malted milk powder, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate morsels and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate filling until cooled.
- FOLD in 1 1/4 cups of whipped topping into filling. Fold in 1/2 cup crushed malted balls. Spoon filling into cooled, baked crust. Top pie with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining crushed malted balls. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; top pie with cherry. Refrigerate.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Eagle Brand