Lemon-Lime Sugar Cookie Balls
- 1 batch of sugar cookie dough (store-bought or from-scratch recipe)
- 1 zest and juice of large lemon and 1 large lime
- 1 1/2 ounces blocks cream cheese (12) at room temperature
- 1 package white chocolate candy coating
- colored sprinkles or coarse sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the cookie dough as directed on package or recipe; add in the zest and juice of the lemon and lime and mix well. Spread the cookie dough in a greased 9×9 baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cookies are fully baked. Cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled, using your hands, remove from the dish and crumble into the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor (small chunks are fine). Add in the cream cheese and mix until the cookie crumbs and cream cheese are completely mixed together. Roll into 1-1 1/2 inch balls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When the balls are thoroughly chilled, melt the white chocolate candy coating in the microwave, or over a double boiler. Carefully dip each ball into the white chocolate and turn to coat. Remove with a tooth pick and set on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Top with sprinkles. Repeat until all the balls are coated. Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY