Kung Pao Beef
- 4 beef eye round steaks, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 5 to 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup prepared kung pao or Szechuan stir-fry sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Asian vegetable blend
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- Hot cooked brown rice (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Combine kung pao sauce, water and red pepper in small bowl. Place beef steaks and sauce mixture in large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove beef; keep warm. Add frozen vegetables to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until just tender, stirring once. Stir in peanuts.
- Serve steaks with vegetable mixture over rice, if desired. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.