Healthy Whole Grain Waffles with Homemade Blueberry Sauce
- 2 C – Whole wheat Pastry flour
- 1/2 C – Wheat Germ
- 1/4 C – Flaxseed meal /powder
- 2 Tbsp – Chia seeds
- 1 Tsp – Baking soda
- 3 Tsp – Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp – Salt
- 2 Tbsp – Brown Sugar (or Regular Sugar)
- 2 – Egg
- 2 Tbsp (1/8 C) – Oil
- 1/2 Cup – Low fat or Fat free Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp – Vanilla
- 2 1/2 C – Low fat or Fat free Milk
- 2 C – Wild Blueberry, Frozen
- 1/2 C – Honey
For the blueberry sauce:
- In a large bowl, add whole-wheat pastry flour, Wheat-germ, Flaxseed meal, Chia seeds, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and then add oil, buttermilk, vanilla and milk, and stir.
- Slowly mix in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Heat the waffle griddle and spray a generous amount of oil
- Ladle batter into the waffle griddle and cook until waffles are crisp and golden.
- Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream cheese and Homemade Blueberry sauce (recipe below)
- Take a nonstick sauce pan
- Add frozen berries and honey and cook for 10 minutes or until you get your desired consistency
To make the blueberry sauce: