Recipe: Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 medium sized jalapeños
- 4 ounces (1/4 pound) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 short wooden skewers or wooden toothpicks
- 1 packet Tostitos Dip Creations Freshly Made Guacamole prepared according to instructions
- 3 avocados
- Create a slit in one side of the jalapeños using a small sharp knife. Do not cut all the way through the ends. Remove the seeds and membrane for a milder popper.
- Stuff a pepper with 1/8 of the cheese. Wrap with a slice of bacon and secure the bacon with a skewer. Repeat with the 7 other peppers.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Sear poppers on all sides over high heat in a nonstick pan until bacon is golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with the guacamole on the side.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Frito Lay