Recipe: Easy Coconut and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 Cup 2% Milk
- 8oz unsweetened Coconut milk that is creamy (we use Aroy-D 100% Coconut Milk original)
- 2 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/8 Cup Fructose (or sugar)
- 1 1/2 Cups sweetened Baker’s Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Malt-sweetened Chocolate Chips, chopped
- Make sure all your ingredients are extremely cold before beginning – when I made this recipe I had the chocolate chips and baker’s coconut in the freezer and the milk, coconut milk, and cream in the refrigerator. Only the fructose was a room temperature.
- Using your KitchenAid mixer’s ice cream maker attachment (that is already frozen), pour in the milks and cream and set to stir. Turn the speed up to 2 and continue by mixing in all other ingredients(see notes) before it really starts to solidify.
- Mix for another 10-15 minutes or until it has grown in volume (on a really hot day it may take longer). Remove to a freezable container with lid and place in your freezer for at least a few hours before serving.
I recommend adding a shot or 2 of vodka at this point to keep the ice cream from getting really hard when it freezes. If you don’t want to do this, then I recommend stirring the ice cream every 15-30 minutes for about 3 hours.