Decadent Pumpkin Torte
- 24 graham crackers crushed (or 4 cups ground digestives)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces (200 grams) cream cheese
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin, drained
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons (to taste) pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves)
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/175ºC.
- Mix graham crackers, sugar and butter and press in pan.
- Mix eggs, sugar and cream cheese, and pour over crust.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook pumpkin, egg yolks, sugar, milk, salt and spices until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin which has been softened in cold water and mix well to dissolve the gelatin.
- Cool completely.
- Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour over cooked baked crust.
- Top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon.
Recipe and Photo: Canary Girl