Citrus and Spice Grilled Lamb Chops and Butter Sauteed Asparagus
- 2.5 lbs Lamb chops (1 1/2 inch–thick chops)
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 Tablespoon (Mexican) Adobo Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (or according to taste and DO NOT USE TABLE SALT)
For the asparagus
- 1 lb Asparagus spears
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Crisp bacon bits (3 slices)
- Put lamb loin chops in a large ziploc bag.
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and pour into the ziploc bag with the lamb chops. Securely seal bag and massage the marinade into the meat. Let meat marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling (much better to marinate overnight for the marinade to completely sip-through the meat).
- Grill (cook) loin chops according to your preferred doneness. It is very crucial to rest meat (at least 8 minutes) before serving and eating it so that meat evenly cooks and stay tender and moist.
- Put bacon bits in a cold non-stick skillet, fry until fat renders out and bacon bits are crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Saute asparagus spears in butter until tender.
- Assemble everything.
Recipe and Photo: Goddess of Scrumptiousness / CC BY-ND