Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups
Instructions for the cups (bottoms):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the peanut butter, butter and salt.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- On low or stir speed, add the flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips and blend just until the flour disappears.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers. Use a two (2) ounce cookie scooper and scoop the batter into each paper, no need to press the batter down.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree F oven and bake approximately 15 minutes, or just until light golden brown on top.
- Cool cups for about 10 minutes before covering with the topping.
Instructions for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping:
- Combine both chocolate chips and the peanut butter in a pan and melt over low heat, cook and stir just until blended.
- Scoop the topping with a one (1) ounce cookie scooper and pour over the slightly cooled cups. Then swirl with the back of a spoon.
- Cool completely so topping is set.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY