Chili Tex-Mex Fried Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (not table salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- canola oil for deep frying
- Combine and mix first 8 seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Marinade (about 15 mins.) chicken wings by tossing these in 3 tablespoons of the spice mix.
- Place the flour in a ziploc bag. Then put marinated wings inside the bag and shake along with the flour to evenly coat the chicken.
- Shake off excess flour from the coated wings. Heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken until golden brown.