Recipe: Cheesy Chicken Ranch Squares
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 8-ounce tubes (8-count each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 pound (6 to 8 slices) cheddar or colby jack cheese, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed (2 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat a 13x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine Ranch mix and chicken, stirring to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls in the baking dish. Firmly pinch together perforations and pat dough as necessary to fit bottom of dish. Place sliced cheese, covering all dough.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken evenly over cheese. Layer spinach evenly over chicken.
- In medium bowl, beat 3 eggs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Pour evenly over layers.
- Unroll second tube of crescent rolls over the top of layered ingredients. Press perforations to seal and stretch to fit. Brush beaten egg yolk over dough. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm.