- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup corn oil
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup raisins – chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate chips – chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup shredded coconut – toasted
- Peeps Marshmallow Candy for decorating
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Using the shredding blade of a food processor shred the carrots and set aside.
- Using a food processor combine the sugars, oil, milk, vanilla and the eggs. Stir in the carrots, raisings, chocolate chips and the flour.
- Prepare two 8 inch baking pans with butter and flour and pour the batter evenly into the pans.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool before gently removing from the pan.
For the Frosting:
- In a small frying pan gently brown the coconut.
- In a medium bowl, using and electric hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and salt until creamy.
- Place one cake on a cake plate or stand and frost the middle, top with the remaining cake and frost the entire cake.
- Place the toasted coconut around the sides of the cake.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY