Recipe: Broccoli and Garlic Pasta
- Large bunch of broccoli, cut into florets and the stalks sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Half pound of spaghetti (half a box)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 Tbs. parmesan cheese
- Place the broccoli florets into a large pot of boiling water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove florets from water with a slotted spoon and place in a colander. Run cold water over broccoli. This will stop the cooking process. Remove the florets and pat dry.
- Place the spaghetti into the same pot of boiling water. Cook until al dente, according to package.
- Sauté the garlic, sliced broccoli stalks and red pepper flakes in olive oil. Cook on medium low about 7 minutes. Add broccoli florets and stir to coat with olive oil.
- Drain the pasta and add to the broccoli mixture. Stir to coat with the olive oil. Increase heat to medium-high and season with salt and pepper. Pour lemon juice and mix to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.