Jump to recipe
Best Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound beef, any cut such as flank steak, sirloin, round steak
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (a blend of basil, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Place onion, garlic, celery, and mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker pot.
- Slice the beef into thick strips.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with wine, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Pour over the beef and vegetables. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for about 6 hours. The beef should be easily pierced with a fork (it will even fall apart, it will be so tender).
- Stir in the sour cream. Let the mixture cool for at least 10 minutes to thicken.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Recipe: Foodista / CC BY
Photo: sergeant killjoy / CC BY-ND