Recipe for Apple Crisp – I love apples! This crisp featuring that fruit is always a hit with my family.
I love apples! This crisp featuring that fruit is always a hit with my family.
- 5 cups peeled apple slices
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix apples, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, tapioca and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- To make topping, stir crushed cereal, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and margarine in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread apple mixture in ungreased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cereal topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is browned and apples are tender when pierced with fork.
Recipe and Photo: Post Foods, LLC