Banana Crumb Muffins
Ingredients for Muffins:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Crumb Topping:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter the muffin pan or put muffin paper liners into muffin cups.
- Cream softened butter and organic sugar together. Beat in the egg until smooth. Add mashed bananas and mix well together.
- Add the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix all together until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle crumb topping over muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Recipe and Photo: Modern Wife / CC BY