Jump to recipe
Baked Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil
- 10 – 12 chicken thighs – with skin and bone
For the Tomato and Basil Topping:
- 1 cup of fresh basil – chopped
- 1 bulb of fresh garlic – chopped
- 2 large plum tomatoes – diced (not too small)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Clean and pat dry the chicken thighs.
- Combine in a bowl all of the ingredients for the tomato and basil topping and set aside.
- Combine in a small bowl the rub and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a baking pan and rub the rub on each thigh.
- Top with the tomato and basil topping and place in the oven.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY